Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy Formatting of previous worksheet

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to determine how to copy ALL formatting from one worksheet to
another. For example, I have not only formatted the columns, but also
included a header and footer and also reduced the size of my worksheet for
printing. Each time I create this worksheet I have to start from scratch.
Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do not atempt to transfer the formats to a new blank worksheet. Instead,
make a copy of the old worksheet itself. This will copy ALL formats, column
and row dimensions, print settings, etc. Clear out the data you will update
and proceed.
--
Gary''s Student
gsnu200708

"smoothjazz36" wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to determine how to copy ALL formatting from one worksheet to
another. For example, I have not only formatted the columns, but also
included a header and footer and also reduced the size of my worksheet for
printing. Each time I create this worksheet I have to start from scratch.
Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Right-click on the worksheet tab and "move or copy"

Checkmark "create a copy" and OK.

CTRL + a(twice in 2003) and EditClearContents.

Or create a template.

Open a new workbook and delete all but one sheet. Customize as
you wish then save this as SHEET.XLT in XLSTART folder. It now becomes
the default InsertSheet.

FileSave As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your
workbook "SHEET"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as SHEET.XLT.

Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 10:15:03 -0800, smoothjazz36
wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to determine how to copy ALL formatting from one worksheet to
another. For example, I have not only formatted the columns, but also
included a header and footer and also reduced the size of my worksheet for
printing. Each time I create this worksheet I have to start from scratch.
Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the formats are identical and only the data vary, you can easily do this.
Right click the sheet with the correct formatting, select Move or Copy, and
check Make a copy. It will create a new sheet with a name like Sheet 1(2),
which you can change to suit. The new sheet will have exactly the same
formatting as the original, including headers and footers, column widths,
row heights--everything.

Delete all the data from this new sheet and insert the data you want. Be
sure not to delete formulas and references. You may need to change the
header and footer information.