Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I copy and paste a worksheet and maintain all formatting?

I have formatted one worksheet to use weekly. Everytime I copy and paste it
for a new week, I lose some of the formatting. How can I maintain every
change that has been made so I can copy and begin data entry without
reformatting?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Right-click your sheet, choose Move or copy and mark the checkbox
Create a copy.

Per Erik

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 11:38:02 -0700, Jana
wrote:

I have formatted one worksheet to use weekly. Everytime I copy and paste it
for a new week, I lose some of the formatting. How can I maintain every
change that has been made so I can copy and begin data entry without
reformatting?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Jana

I would create a Template for just that worksheet so I could InsertWorksheet
and get my new sheet with all the formatting, formulas, but no data.

To create.........go to FileNew

Delete all but one sheet.

Format and set that up as you wish.

FileSave AsFile TypeMS Excel Template(*.xlt)

Enter SHEET for the name......let Excel add the .xlt

Store it in your XLSTART folder usually found at

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

This will be the default InsertWorksheet

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP