Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default pivot table - drop down filter box has 10% of items out of order

Most of my numeric items appear in the drop down filter box in order. . I
know all these are numeric and I even tried to move it down to within the
pivot table report and got same problem. In excel 2007, I cannot figure out
how to ensure the drop down is in alphabetical order. This is a productivity
killer when looking for certain items. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Good site but not quite what I was looking for. I pasted the condition
occurring on the filter dropdown. As you can see, there are just a few
jumps in the number sequence that occur primarily toward the end of the data
selections. I haev converted the source data to general then to number,
etc. still same result. Wish microsoft had a built-in filter on the drop
down. It all works, just means that if I am looking for multiple records,
must go very slow. Just waste a lot of time.

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote in message
Check out this link...

HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"davidsokay" wrote:

Most of my numeric items appear in the drop down filter box in order. .
know all these are numeric and I even tried to move it down to within the
pivot table report and got same problem. In excel 2007, I cannot figure
out
how to ensure the drop down is in alphabetical order. This is a
productivity
killer when looking for certain items. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you sort the field in the pivot table, the items in the field's
dropdown list should also be sorted.

To sort a column field, select a cell in the column area, and click the
A-Z button on the tool bar.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures