Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help desperately needed with excel charts

Hi, I really, really need help with excel, I am writing up my dissertation
and have the results in numbers as well as percentages...i have done tables
of numbers and charts of percentages, trouble is i want to amalgamate the
two, ie a percentage chart and underneath...33% [n=9], 66% [n=18], and i
can't find how to do it, or indeed if its possible, or if its possible to add
the numerical data after? thanks in anticipation.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel 2007 PivotTable, PivotChart
Custom Data Labels
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zojzkomxh1n/06_29_09.xlsx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Fred,
Have simple excel charts, and have top line of "disagree", "agree",
"neither" etc, and have data in percentages i.e. 30% in each box, have then
inserted charts of this data which look very pretty, and have numerical data
in a table, thing is i would really like to combine the two with a percentage
chart and the data underneath with say 30%[n=9], 60%[n=18], to be honest i
don't think its possible, but any help is very gratefully received,
thankyou
diane

"djewkes" wrote:

Hi, I really, really need help with excel, I am writing up my
dissertation
and have the results in numbers as well as percentages...i have done
tables
of numbers and charts of percentages, trouble is i want to amalgamate the
two, ie a percentage chart and underneath...33% [n=9], 66% [n=18], and i
can't find how to do it, or indeed if its possible, or if its possible to
add
the numerical data after? thanks in anticipation.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The good news is that it's definitely possible.

The first step is to create the cells which display the labels the way you
want. Create a range of cells with the formula I gave you:
=text(a1,"0%")&" [n="&text(a2,"0"),&"]"

Change the cell addresses to suit your situation. When you've got the cells
looking the way you want them on the chart, post back.

Regards,
Fred.

"djewkes" wrote:

Hi, I really, really need help with excel, I am writing up my
dissertation
and have the results in numbers as well as percentages...i have done
tables
of numbers and charts of percentages, trouble is i want to amalgamate
the
two, ie a percentage chart and underneath...33% [n=9], 66% [n=18], and
can't find how to do it, or indeed if its possible, or if its possible
add
the numerical data after? thanks in anticipation.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You don't. They're already created when you open an Excel workbook. Rather
than create, I should have said "enter the following formula". Remember to
change a1 and a2 to whatever cells hold your percentage result and your
sample size.

Regards,
Fred.

"djewkes" wrote:

Hi, I really, really need help with excel, I am writing up my
dissertation
and have the results in numbers as well as percentages...i have
done
tables
of numbers and charts of percentages, trouble is i want to
amalgamate
the
two, ie a percentage chart and underneath...33% [n=9], 66% [n=18],
and
can't find how to do it, or indeed if its possible, or if its
possible
add
the numerical data after? thanks in anticipation.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Fred,
When I say novice, I mean novice, I have a lot of data in cells some in
percentage form and seperate excel charts in numeric form, i havent a clue
where to enter the formula, does it need to be done for every single cell
thanks so much for your tme and help......i could do with you here to show
me how to sort the thing, this dissertation is driving me crazy
best wishes
diane

"djewkes" wrote:

Hi, I really, really need help with excel, I am writing up my
dissertation
and have the results in numbers as well as percentages...i have
done
tables
of numbers and charts of percentages, trouble is i want to
amalgamate
the
two, ie a percentage chart and underneath...33% [n=9], 66% [n=18],
and
can't find how to do it, or indeed if its possible, or if its
possible
add
the numerical data after? thanks in anticipation.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Diane,

I'm having trouble responding to your post, because in all the time I've
been posting to this group, I've never come across anyone who can't enter a
formula in a cell.

As I'm sure there's a solution to your problem, e-mail me your file and I'll
see what I can do. Send the file to:
fred dot smith at shaw dot ca

Regards,
Fred