Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formatting help desperately needed

I am doing a quality dashboard. On the left side I have 1 column for "Goal,"
4 columns for each quarter, 1 column for the year to date and 1 column for a
red, yellow, or green flag. To the right I have columns for each month for
the data to be entered monthly.

The problem is that when I enter the monthly data, it does calculate in the
appropriate quarter, but the quarter data does not appear in the YTD column.
It wants all 4 quarters of data entered before it will give me a YTD. I want
it to calculate as I go. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What type of formula do you have in your YTD? Sum? Average? Please post
example.

For instance, the formula
=SUM(B2:E2)
should calculate no matter what cells are empty or blank. If you're tyring
to do an average based on number of months passed, things get a little more
complex, perhaps a:
=SUM(B2:E2)/COUNTIF(H2:S2,0)
Which would give an average based on months passed, assuming every month
that has passed has a value greater than 0.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Kathy" wrote:

I am doing a quality dashboard. On the left side I have 1 column for "Goal,"
4 columns for each quarter, 1 column for the year to date and 1 column for a
red, yellow, or green flag. To the right I have columns for each month for
the data to be entered monthly.

The problem is that when I enter the monthly data, it does calculate in the
appropriate quarter, but the quarter data does not appear in the YTD column.
It wants all 4 quarters of data entered before it will give me a YTD. I want
it to calculate as I go. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

What is the formula you are using in the YTD column? What do you want it to
do - calculate YTD based on month or quarter?

Might be nice to see sample data and desired results.

If the month range runs from L1:W1 for example, and YTD is by month
=SUM(L1:W1)

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire