Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Converting 2007 - 2003

I have just upgraded to office 2007. Good news for me ? but bad news for
associates who are still working with 2003. Is there a patch that allows the
2003 user to convert the 2007 document so that they can use (open edit etc)
it?

Many thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I hope you know that a 2007 user can still save file in previous format...

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Mike McNicholas" wrote:

I have just upgraded to office 2007. Good news for me ? but bad news for
associates who are still working with 2003. Is there a patch that allows the
2003 user to convert the 2007 document so that they can use (open edit etc)
it?

Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Mike,
Click on save as , at the bottom you will see Save as Type, choose
Excel97-2003

if this helps click yes, thanks

"Mike McNicholas" wrote:

I have just upgraded to office 2007. Good news for me ? but bad news for
associates who are still working with 2003. Is there a patch that allows the
2003 user to convert the 2007 document so that they can use (open edit etc)
it?

Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In addition to Jacob's solution, XL2003 users could install the Office
Compatibility tool from
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...686761033.aspx

Pros & Cons?
If the XL2007 users saves the file in classical Excel format then he/she
will know if there are features that the XL2003 users will not be able to
get.

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Mike McNicholas" wrote in
message ...
I have just upgraded to office 2007. Good news for me ? but bad news for
associates who are still working with 2003. Is there a patch that allows
the
2003 user to convert the 2007 document so that they can use (open edit
etc)
it?

Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Either you save as 2003 and earlier versions or have the associates download
and install the compatibility pack.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923505

Note: even with the pack, earlier versions are limited to 256 cols and
65536 rows.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 10:34:02 -0700, Mike McNicholas
wrote:

I have just upgraded to office 2007. Good news for me ? but bad news for
associates who are still working with 2003. Is there a patch that allows the
2003 user to convert the 2007 document so that they can use (open edit etc)
it?

Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The most helpful tool I found is the link at www.microsoft.com/office and
click on products - type "interactive" in the search - there is one for
Excel, Word, PowerPoint and probably others - you actually navigate to the
feature/function and this link will show you where to find the same
feature/function in 2007. AWESOME!!

http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...CH100487431033