-   -   Converting 2007 - 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/233322-converting-2007-2003-a.html)

Mike McNicholas

Converting 2007 - 2003

I have just upgraded to office 2007. Good news for me ? but bad news for
associates who are still working with 2003. Is there a patch that allows the
2003 user to convert the 2007 document so that they can use (open edit etc)
it?

Many thanks

Jacob Skaria

Converting 2007 - 2003

I hope you know that a 2007 user can still save file in previous format...

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Mike McNicholas" wrote:

I have just upgraded to office 2007. Good news for me ? but bad news for
associates who are still working with 2003. Is there a patch that allows the
2003 user to convert the 2007 document so that they can use (open edit etc)
it?

Many thanks

Eduardo

Converting 2007 - 2003

Hi Mike,
Click on save as , at the bottom you will see Save as Type, choose
Excel97-2003

if this helps click yes, thanks

"Mike McNicholas" wrote:

I have just upgraded to office 2007. Good news for me ? but bad news for
associates who are still working with 2003. Is there a patch that allows the
2003 user to convert the 2007 document so that they can use (open edit etc)
it?

Many thanks

Bernard Liengme[_3_]

Converting 2007 - 2003

In addition to Jacob's solution, XL2003 users could install the Office
Compatibility tool from
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...686761033.aspx

Pros & Cons?
If the XL2007 users saves the file in classical Excel format then he/she
will know if there are features that the XL2003 users will not be able to
get.

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Mike McNicholas" wrote in
message ...
I have just upgraded to office 2007. Good news for me ? but bad news for
associates who are still working with 2003. Is there a patch that allows
the
2003 user to convert the 2007 document so that they can use (open edit
etc)
it?

Many thanks

Gord Dibben

Converting 2007 - 2003

Either you save as 2003 and earlier versions or have the associates download
and install the compatibility pack.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923505

Note: even with the pack, earlier versions are limited to 256 cols and
65536 rows.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 10:34:02 -0700, Mike McNicholas
wrote:

I have just upgraded to office 2007. Good news for me ? but bad news for
associates who are still working with 2003. Is there a patch that allows the
2003 user to convert the 2007 document so that they can use (open edit etc)
it?

Many thanks

nannybears

Converting 2007 - 2003

The most helpful tool I found is the link at www.microsoft.com/office and
click on products - type "interactive" in the search - there is one for
Excel, Word, PowerPoint and probably others - you actually navigate to the
feature/function and this link will show you where to find the same
feature/function in 2007. AWESOME!!

http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...CH100487431033