Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Converting a 2007 Excel Spreadsheet w/ 2003

Does anyone know why a 2007 excel spreadsheet, opened in 2003 excel (using
the convert utility) then saved as a .xls is more than 2X the size of the
original .xlsx file??

Is there anyway I can do in 2003 excel to keep the file size similar to the
xlsx file??

Thanks

Greg
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is there anyway I can do in 2003 excel to keep the file size similar to
the xlsx file??

I don't think so. The new file format is totally different, and usually
smaller than the old because it's zipped.

--
Jim
"Greg" wrote in message
| Does anyone know why a 2007 excel spreadsheet, opened in 2003 excel (using
| the convert utility) then saved as a .xls is more than 2X the size of the
| original .xlsx file??
|
| Is there anyway I can do in 2003 excel to keep the file size similar to
the
| xlsx file??
|
| Thanks
|
| Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, Jim. I appreciate your response.