Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I delete a checkbox in excel 2007

I have several checkboxes in a spreadsheet that I want to remove. How can
this be done?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If they are Form control check boxes, you can right click on them and then
select cut. If they are Active X controls you need to enter desgin mode.

To do this click on the office button in the top left corner, then select
excel options and make sure the Show Developer tab in the ribbon box is
checked.

Then go to the Developer tab in the ribbon, click the Design Mode icon in
the controls section to turn on design mode.

You can then right click on the text box and cut it.

when done, click on the Design Mode incon again to exit design mode.
--
If this helps, please remember to click yes.

"Yingling" wrote:

I have several checkboxes in a spreadsheet that I want to remove. How can
this be done?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

1. Choose Developer tab, Design Mode
2. Press F5, Special, Objects
3. Press Delete

The first step are not necessary if the checkboxes are Form controls

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Yingling" wrote:

I have several checkboxes in a spreadsheet that I want to remove. How can
this be done?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

shane way delete all object not just chek boxs

"Shane Devenshire" wrote in
message ...
| Hi,
|
| 1. Choose Developer tab, Design Mode
| 2. Press F5, Special, Objects
| 3. Press Delete
|
| The first step are not necessary if the checkboxes are Form controls
| --
| If this helps, please click the Yes button.
|
| Cheers,
| Shane Devenshire
|

| "Yingling" wrote:
|
| I have several checkboxes in a spreadsheet that I want to remove. How
can
| this be done?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Homey is correct. I just want one box removed
"Homey" wrote:

shane way delete all object not just chek boxs

"Shane Devenshire" wrote in
message ...
| Hi,
|
| 1. Choose Developer tab, Design Mode
| 2. Press F5, Special, Objects
| 3. Press Delete
|
| The first step are not necessary if the checkboxes are Form controls
| --
| If this helps, please click the Yes button.
|
| Cheers,
| Shane Devenshire
|

| "Yingling" wrote:
|
| I have several checkboxes in a spreadsheet that I want to remove. How
can
| this be done?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

So what kind of checkboxes are they?

What do you see in the namebox if you select one of them?

You'll want to try Paul's suggestion once more before you respond. I bet one of
them will work.

Yingling wrote:

That did not work

"Yingling" wrote:

I have several checkboxes in a spreadsheet that I want to remove. How can
this be done?

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dave,

They are form control check boxes. In my research I found Paul's solution
and have tried it on a couple of the boxes. I believe the problem was that
the design mode icon was taggled on and the cut was not working

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

So what kind of checkboxes are they?

What do you see in the namebox if you select one of them?

You'll want to try Paul's suggestion once more before you respond. I bet one of
them will work.

Yingling wrote:

That did not work