Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2002: Advance filter - copying to another page

Hi,

I try to use advance filter to select data by copying it to another page in
the same file, however the system tells me that I can do it on the active
page only. Is this truely the limitation of Excel 2002 ? How about the later
versions ?

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dear, it is the same with the latest version (2007)
--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

"Mr. Low" wrote:

Hi,

I try to use advance filter to select data by copying it to another page in
the same file, however the system tells me that I can do it on the active
page only. Is this truely the limitation of Excel 2002 ? How about the later
versions ?

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How do you copy, with code ?

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Mr. Low" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I try to use advance filter to select data by copying it to another page in
the same file, however the system tells me that I can do it on the active
page only. Is this truely the limitation of Excel 2002 ? How about the later
versions ?

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Ron,

By selecting copying to another location at the Advance Filter menu. After
this I put the cursor at the 3rd parameter of Advance filter and move the
cursor to a cell in the next page to get the cell address automatically. For
criteria (2nd parameter) I highlight the headings and descriptions at the
criteria table. After this I click ok.

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

How do you copy, with code ?

--

"Mr. Low" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I try to use advance filter to select data by copying it to another page in
the same file, however the system tells me that I can do it on the active
page only. Is this truely the limitation of Excel 2002 ? How about the later
versions ?

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can create a macro to do the copy of your visible data to a new sheet after you filter in place.
Is that a option ?

--

"Mr. Low" wrote in message ...
Hi Ron,

By selecting copying to another location at the Advance Filter menu. After
this I put the cursor at the 3rd parameter of Advance filter and move the
cursor to a cell in the next page to get the cell address automatically. For
criteria (2nd parameter) I highlight the headings and descriptions at the
criteria table. After this I click ok.

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

How do you copy, with code ?

--

"Mr. Low" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I try to use advance filter to select data by copying it to another page in
the same file, however the system tells me that I can do it on the active
page only. Is this truely the limitation of Excel 2002 ? How about the later
versions ?

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Ron,

I just want to know if this is realy the limitation of Excel 2002 Advance
Filter.

I do not need a macro as I am not familiar with executing Macros.

There are many other ways that I am familiar with for of doing this job. the
only things is that it takes a longer time.

Thanks anyway for your reply.

Low
--
A36B58K641

"Mr. Low" wrote in message ...
Hi Ron,

By selecting copying to another location at the Advance Filter menu. After
this I put the cursor at the 3rd parameter of Advance filter and move the
cursor to a cell in the next page to get the cell address automatically. For
criteria (2nd parameter) I highlight the headings and descriptions at the
criteria table. After this I click ok.

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

How do you copy, with code ?

--

"Mr. Low" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I try to use advance filter to select data by copying it to another page in
the same file, however the system tells me that I can do it on the active
page only. Is this truely the limitation of Excel 2002 ? How about the later
versions ?

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See
http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#ExtractWs

--

"Mr. Low" wrote in message ...
Hi Ron,

By selecting copying to another location at the Advance Filter menu. After
this I put the cursor at the 3rd parameter of Advance filter and move the
cursor to a cell in the next page to get the cell address automatically. For
criteria (2nd parameter) I highlight the headings and descriptions at the
criteria table. After this I click ok.

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

How do you copy, with code ?

--

"Mr. Low" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I try to use advance filter to select data by copying it to another page in
the same file, however the system tells me that I can do it on the active
page only. Is this truely the limitation of Excel 2002 ? How about the later
versions ?

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It is not a limitation of Excel 2002 or any other version.

You just have to start your operation from the destination sheet rather than
from the source sheet.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP