Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Calculating sum product between columns.

Can anybody help me with a formula to total the total cost for the cases
purchased? In the past I would type in cell f17:
=sum(f5*$e5+f6*$e6+f7*$f7...) to the bottom of my column and copy the formula
across... I'm pretty sure there's an easier, smarter way but it's beyond my
realm of excel knowledge...

e f g
Cost Case(s) Case(s)
a5 $4.00 2
a6 $4.00 4
a7 $4.00 3
a8 $4.00 4
a9 $4.00 1
a10 $1.00 2
a11 $1.00
a12 $1.00 2
a13 $4.00 2
a14 $4.00
a15 $4.00
a16 TOTAL 8 12
a17 $ TOTAL

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

something like:

=SUMPRODUCT((F5:F15),(E5:E15))

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200852

"Donna" wrote:

Can anybody help me with a formula to total the total cost for the cases
purchased? In the past I would type in cell f17:
=sum(f5*$e5+f6*$e6+f7*$f7...) to the bottom of my column and copy the formula
across... I'm pretty sure there's an easier, smarter way but it's beyond my
realm of excel knowledge...

e f g
Cost Case(s) Case(s)
a5 $4.00 2
a6 $4.00 4
a7 $4.00 3
a8 $4.00 4
a9 $4.00 1
a10 $1.00 2
a11 $1.00
a12 $1.00 2
a13 $4.00 2
a14 $4.00
a15 $4.00
a16 TOTAL 8 12
a17 $ TOTAL

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In article ,
Donna wrote:

Can anybody help me with a formula to total the total cost for the cases
purchased? In the past I would type in cell f17:
=sum(f5*$e5+f6*$e6+f7*$f7...) to the bottom of my column and copy the formula
across... I'm pretty sure there's an easier, smarter way but it's beyond my
realm of excel knowledge...

e f g
Cost Case(s) Case(s)
a5 $4.00 2