Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Calculating cost of product

--
Novice

I have checked the Microsoft help site, but without the necessary knowledge,
it is not possible to find the solution to my problem.

I have three sets of variables (PATTERN - 8 options, AREA- 4 options, HEIGHT
- 6 options,) in one column (three seperate cells). Each variable is
presented in the form of a drop down menu (got that procedure from the
website) in the appropriate cell. How do I create a formula, taking all the
variables into consideration and then point to the correct prices per meter,
depending on the result of the mixture of variables?

If this is possible in Excel, I will be delighted. If more information is
needed, my email address is

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You need to create a table. See this screencap. It may give you an idea:

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/5092/lookup1cw5.jpg

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Grahams" wrote in message

Novice

I have checked the Microsoft help site, but without the necessary
knowledge,
it is not possible to find the solution to my problem.

I have three sets of variables (PATTERN - 8 options, AREA- 4 options,
HEIGHT
- 6 options,) in one column (three seperate cells). Each variable is
presented in the form of a drop down menu (got that procedure from the
website) in the appropriate cell. How do I create a formula, taking all
the
variables into consideration and then point to the correct prices per
meter,
depending on the result of the mixture of variables?

If this is possible in Excel, I will be delighted. If more information is
needed, my email address is

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Area 1 Pattern 1 Height 1 x 202 per meter Number The number of
meters is manually inserted in own cell

Area 1 Pattern 1 Height 2 x 213 per meter

Area 1 Pattern 1 Height 3 x 238 per meter

Area 1 Pattern 1 Height 4 x 262 per meter

Area 1 Pattern 1 Height 5 x 297 per meter

Area 1 Pattern 2 Height 1 x 332 per meter

Area 1 Pattern 2 Height 2 x 356 per meter

Area 1 Pattern 2 Height 3 x 356 per meter

Etc.€¦€¦.

Area 2, Pattern 1 Height 1 x 219 per meter

And so on €¦€¦.

Area, Pattern and Height are selected by means of a drop down menus, each
in their own cell in the same column

Number of meters is entered manually. (Own cell same column as above)

Last cell to consider all the variables, select correct price per meter and
then multiply by number of meters, to provide cost (selling price of an
order).

--
Novice