Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default PRODUCT RESULTS/VALUE ARE NOT CALCULATING CORRECTLY

I am having trouble understanding the reason for why my product
results/values are not calculating correctly. What the results are on the
excel sheet is different from when I will calculate it on the calculator.
I.E.: say I have the value of $0.08(price per piece) in colum E140 and then
the amount of 808 (number of pieces) in colum I140, therefore I will then
place the formula of =product(E140)*(I140) and it will then give me the
result of 64.73. Which if I calculated that on the calculator it would give
me the result of 64.64, which is a difference of .09 cents. I am finding that
it is happening in more then one rows. I even tried to use a differnet
formula, but I will still end up with the same result. Is there any ideas on
how I can rectify this issue or will I have to start on a fresh sheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Is the price cell a calculated value?

If I manually enter 0.08 in E140 and 808 in I140 then do:

=E140*I140

The result is 64.64

So, either the price cell or the quantity cell (or both) is calculated and
is really greater than what's being displayed.

You could try this:

=ROUND(E140,2)*I140

Biff