Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Generate reports on separate tabs from data in file

I apologize in advance for overstating anything here, I'm just trying
to be as clear as possible.

I have a "Database" tab where I manage ~1100 records. Each record has
~30 fields. One of the fields is "Status" where each record's status
is marked. The "Status" field is validated and only one of 16 values
may be selected; "Quoted", "Droppending", "TestPending", "Active",
"Move", "Cancel", "Replace", "Cancel / Replace", "Place Cancel",
"CancelPending", "PayUntilExpire", "Terminated", "Unknown", "Hold
Pay", "Old-Quote", or "Cancelb4Install".

I do not need to generate a report for each "Status", but I need to
create the following five (5) reports:
1) "Active"
2) "Quoted"
3) "DropPending"
4) "PayUntilExpire"
5) "Cancel", "Cancel / Replace", "Cancel Pending", & "Replace"

I do not need all of the fields from the "Database" tab for each of
these reports. I only need about 10-15 fields for each. The header
rows can remain in place on the tab for each report.

Currently I am doing this manually with by auto filtering by "Status"
and copy/paste-values to a new book with a new sheet. I have recorded
macros of this process but there has got to be a better way.

Any advice/direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Andrew
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Perhaps you could keep it all on one sheet and use macros to filter and hide
columns. If desired, send your file to my address below along with a clear
explanation and before/after examples.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

you may refer to question 7 on the following link -
http://ashishmathur.com/knowledgebaseII.aspx

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com