Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can you separate multiple tabs each into their own file

I have a workbook with 100 tabs and I need to send out each of those tabs
separately. I was wondering if there was an efficient way to get each of
those tabs into their own file.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi hammermw

Yes that is possible

Run this macro
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy6.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"hammermw" wrote in message ...
I have a workbook with 100 tabs and I need to send out each of those tabs
separately. I was wondering if there was an efficient way to get each of
those tabs into their own file.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Run this macro.

Sub Make_New_Books()
Dim w As Worksheet
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
For Each w In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
w.Copy
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=ThisWorkbook.Path & "\" & w.Name
ActiveWorkbook.Close
Next w
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

If not familiar with VBA and macros, see David McRitchie's site for more on
"getting started".

In the meantime..........

First...create a backup copy of your original workbook.

To create a General Module, hit ALT + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor.

Hit CRTL + r to open Project Explorer.

Find your workbook/project and select it.

Right-click and InsertModule. Paste the code in there. Save the
workbook and hit ALT + Q to return to your workbook.

Run or edit the macro by going to ToolMacroMacros.

You can also assign this macro to a button or a shortcut key combo.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP