Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default V lookup in separate TABS!

=COUNTIF(Sheet2!A:A,B10)

as an example

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Iris21" wrote in message
hi,

can anyone tell me how to count the number of times an item "i.e no, yes,
maybe" appears in a column, but the catch is how do I do it when they're

on
separate sheets? The counted number is displayed in a different tab than

the
values counted. Is it a v-lookup, but how do i control which tab to look

in?

THANKS!