Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I refresh data in pivot tables lcoated in separate tabs?

If you want all pivot tables to be refreshed then

ThisWorkbook.RefreshAll

If you only want specific tables refreshed then it gets trickier...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"DavidG" wrote:

I have one data table and have numerous worksheet tabs for each pivot table
accessing the table. I would like a way to refresh all of the pivot tables
without having to go into each tab refreshing the associated pivot table.
Any thoughts?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I refresh data in pivot tables lcoated in separate tab

It all went smoothly until I invoked the command. It seems to want to import
a text file. I am in Excel 2003. Any thoughts?

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Sorry it is a macro so if it was me here is what I would do...

On a sheet add a button from the control toolbox (not the forms toolbar).
Right click the button and Change the name to cmdRefreshAll and change the
Caption to Refresh All and put an R in the Accelerator. Now close the
properties window. Double click the button and it will take you into the vbe
where you will see a bit of code like this...

Private Sub cmdRefreshAll_Click()

End Sub

Add that line I posted so you end up with this

Private Sub cmdRefreshAll_Click()
ThisWorkbook.RefreshAll
End Sub

Close the VBE. Take the spread sheet out of design mode by clicking on the
Triangle/Ruler/Pencil icon. You are good to go. Click the button and
everyting will get refreshed.

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"DavidG" wrote:

I am not understanding how to execute this. Could you be more specific?