Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default creating formulas

I am using Excel 2003. I have three different sheets-Sheet 1 through Sheet 1
(3). what i am trying to do is to add a particular cell from all 3 sheets.
I tried using this formula after using the help featu
=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet 1(3)!D34)

that doesnt seem to work. I even tried putting the sheets in single
quote-still didnt work. What did i do wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This worked for me: =SUM('Sheet1:Sheet1 (3)'!A1)
Note the spacing in "Sheet1 (3)" --- no space before the 1 but one space
before the (
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Kcir" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2003. I have three different sheets-Sheet 1 through Sheet
1
(3). what i am trying to do is to add a particular cell from all 3
sheets.
I tried using this formula after using the help featu
=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet 1(3)!D34)

that doesnt seem to work. I even tried putting the sheets in single
quote-still didnt work. What did i do wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
try something
start you formula with sum( and then go to the fist sheet you want to
summarize, press the Shift Key hold it and click in the last tab you want to
summarize, then release the Shift key and click in D34, close your
parenthesis ), the formula should work
If this helped please click yes, thanks