Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lara Leigh

Default Creating formulas

Please let me know if there is a way to do this. I need to set something up
in Excel to alert me when I am trying to schedule an employee in the
restaurant that is already scheduled for that same shift in the bar.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fred Smith

It doesn't sound too hard. You would compare the employee and time to the bar
schedule to see if he or she is already there. What does your spreadsheet look
like?

Fred

"Lara Leigh" <Lara wrote in message
Please let me know if there is a way to do this. I need to set something up
in Excel to alert me when I am trying to schedule an employee in the
restaurant that is already scheduled for that same shift in the bar.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lara Leigh

Well, I'm not sure how to answer that. It is a spreadsheet with the
employee's names down a column, then the next colums represent each day of
the week. There is a lunch shift and an evening shift. This is what I need
to do. We have servers who work in the restaurant and in the bar. Two
different people do the schedule for the restaurant and the bar. I had an
employee scheduled for 5:00 in the restaurant and he was also scheduled for
5:00 in the bar. I want excel to alert me or not allow me to enter in a
shift for someone who is already scheduled elsewhere in the restaurant. Am I
making sense???

Thanks!

"Fred Smith" wrote:

It doesn't sound too hard. You would compare the employee and time to the bar
schedule to see if he or she is already there. What does your spreadsheet look
like?

Fred

"Lara Leigh" <Lara wrote in message
Please let me know if there is a way to do this. I need to set something up
in Excel to alert me when I am trying to schedule an employee in the
restaurant that is already scheduled for that same shift in the bar.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fred Smith

Yes, you're making sense. But you'll need to modify your spreadsheet to get the
job done. There are also several possible solutions, from a simple Vlookup to a
macro which guides you through the process.

I see two choices. If you're going to do it yourself, with our help, you'll need
to describe in more detail how your spreadsheet is set up. Alternatively, find
someone who knows Excel and get them to do it.

Fred

"Fred Smith" wrote:

It doesn't sound too hard. You would compare the employee and time to the bar
schedule to see if he or she is already there. What does your spreadsheet
look
like?

Fred

"Lara Leigh" <Lara wrote in message
Please let me know if there is a way to do this. I need to set something
up
in Excel to alert me when I am trying to schedule an employee in the
restaurant that is already scheduled for that same shift in the bar.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fred Smith

I'm not in the business of modifying spreadsheets, so, no, I'm not interested.
Who developed the spreadsheet for you? Why don't you get them to fix it?

Fred

"Fred Smith" wrote:

It doesn't sound too hard. You would compare the employee and time to the
bar
schedule to see if he or she is already there. What does your spreadsheet
look
like?

Fred

"Lara Leigh" <Lara wrote in message
Please let me know if there is a way to do this. I need to set
something
up
in Excel to alert me when I am trying to schedule an employee in the
restaurant that is already scheduled for that same shift in the bar.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lara Leigh

With all due respect, I didn't ask you to modify my spreadsheet. I just
needed help with figuring which formula/function I need to apply to my sheet.
I will find another way.