shortjim

Default trying to open excel file on all singing all danceing xp home edi.

Hi, I am increaseingly frustrated with windows xp. I am trying to open an
excel file from windows 2000 and it just is not working, why ?????
Ken Wright

Windows XP will not open any Excel file, no matter how much your machine
sings and dances. You will need to either have a copy of Excel on your
machine in order to be able to work with it, or use the free Excel viewer to
just look at it. Alternatively, you may be able to edit it with the free
download OpenOffice from www.openoffice.org depending on what functions/code
have been used in the file.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"shortjim" wrote in message
Hi, I am increaseingly frustrated with windows xp. I am trying to open an
excel file from windows 2000 and it just is not working, why ?????

Duke Carey

And the first question to ask is "Is Excel loaded on your PC?"