Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Spellcheck doesn't work in Excel 2007

I recently upgraded to 2007 and when I try to run spell check, it says no
mispelled words were found but I know there are some! I have opened a new
document and mispelled a word to see if it was a problem with other people's
documents I was checking but it still doesn't work for me in a new doc.
I haven't made any changes to the proofing options and as far as I can tell
it looks like it should be working.
Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can you tell us some of the words that aren't working for you so we can test
them on our systems?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"stickcc" wrote in message
I recently upgraded to 2007 and when I try to run spell check, it says no
mispelled words were found but I know there are some! I have opened a new
document and mispelled a word to see if it was a problem with other
people's
documents I was checking but it still doesn't work for me in a new doc.
I haven't made any changes to the proofing options and as far as I can
tell
it looks like it should be working.
Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is a co-worker's machine and mine works fine. Hers will not spell check
anything - we have tried mispelling merber (member) tried non-words, nothing
works. She always gets the final message that no mispelled words were found
and we know there are some there.