Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
teejay

Default Settiing up spellcheck in a protected Excel document

I am creating a form. I have locked certain cells, while others are
unlocked. The unlocked cells will be used to fill out the form. I would
like the user to be able to use spellcheck. I have tried to use the 'Allow
Users to Edit Ranges' under Protection by including all unlocked cells, but
spellcheck is still locked out for the entire document as soon as I put in
the password. Is there a way to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

teejay

You can use this macro to unprotect, run the spellcheck, then re-protect the
sheet.

Sub Spell_Check()
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="justme"
Cells.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="justme", DrawingObjects:=True, _
Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 08:24:01 -0700, teejay
wrote:

I am creating a form. I have locked certain cells, while others are
unlocked. The unlocked cells will be used to fill out the form. I would
like the user to be able to use spellcheck. I have tried to use the 'Allow
Users to Edit Ranges' under Protection by including all unlocked cells, but
spellcheck is still locked out for the entire document as soon as I put in
the password. Is there a way to do this?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
teejay

Gord
Sorry I didnt reply right away. The macro worked fine after I changed the
security. I am surprised that spellcheck is not made available when you
protect the sheet. Thanks so much for your help.

teejay