Tinus

Default Error when installing Add-ins

Im trying to install the Analysis ToolPak (Tools/Add-ins), but when I select
this option and click okay, the following sequence of events occurs:
1.) The message Microsoft Excel cant run this add-in. This feature is not
currently installed. Would you like to install it now? appears. I select
Yes.
2.) It starts with an install process and then comes back with the message
Microsoft Excel cant run this add-in. The feature in not available. I
select OK.
3.) I then get the message in 1.) again, and again I select Yes.
4.) Again it starts with an install process and comes back with the message
in 2.). Again I select OK.
5.) I then get the following message: Microsoft Office Excel cannot access
the file C:\Documents and Settings\<username\Application
Data\Microsoft\Addins\ANALYS32.XLL. There are several possible reasons:
-The file name or path does not exist.
-The file is being used by another program
-The workbook you are trying to save has the same name as a currently open
workbook

I select OK and were done, but the features are not installed.

Now Ive made sure that this file, and all the other add-in files, is in
this directory mentioned above. To have my formulas work I now have to
manually run the ANALYS32.XLL file every time I launch Excel.

Other users in our company are able to install the add-ins form their
computers.

Im running Windows XP Professional Version 5.1 and MS Office Excel
(Professional) 2003

Gord Dibben

Tinus

The default location on a regular installation is in the folder

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Library\Analysis

There will be 4 files in the Analysis folder.

ANALYS32.XLL
FUNCRES.XLA
ATPVBAEN.XLA
PROCDB.XLA

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 04:05:01 -0700, "Tinus"
wrote:

[...]

Gord Dibben

Tinus

Click on Help on main menu bar and select "Detect and Repair"

Have your CD ready in case you get asked for it.

If that fails to resolve, try Control PanelAdd or Remove Programs and go into
Office 2003 and "Change".

Then select Add or Remove feature. Leave all Apps selected and checkmark the
"Choose advanced customization of applications"

Expand the Excel section and select "Add-ins" and make sure you have "Run all
from my computer" checked.

Then hit "Update". Have CD ready, you might need it.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP