Tinus

I do have these files in this directory, but I still get the same errors.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Tinus

The default location on a regular installation is in the folder

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Library\Analysis

There will be 4 files in the Analysis folder.

ANALYS32.XLL
FUNCRES.XLA
ATPVBAEN.XLA
PROCDB.XLA

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 04:05:01 -0700, "Tinus"
wrote:

Im trying to install the Analysis ToolPak (Tools/Add-ins), but when I select
this option and click okay, the following sequence of events occurs:
1.) The message Microsoft Excel cant run this add-in. This feature is not
currently installed. Would you like to install it now? appears. I select
Yes.
2.) It starts with an install process and then comes back with the message
Microsoft Excel cant run this add-in. The feature in not available. I
select OK.
3.) I then get the message in 1.) again, and again I select Yes.
4.) Again it starts with an install process and comes back with the message
in 2.). Again I select OK.
5.) I then get the following message: Microsoft Office Excel cannot access
the file C:\Documents and Settings\<username\Application
Data\Microsoft\Addins\ANALYS32.XLL. There are several possible reasons:
-The file name or path does not exist.
-The file is being used by another program
-The workbook you are trying to save has the same name as a currently open
workbook

I select OK and were done, but the features are not installed.

Now Ive made sure that this file, and all the other add-in files, is in
this directory mentioned above. To have my formulas work I now have to
manually run the ANALYS32.XLL file every time I launch Excel.

Other users in our company are able to install the add-ins form their
computers.

Im running Windows XP Professional Version 5.1 and MS Office Excel
(Professional) 2003