Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I want to eliminate the first character in several lines

I want to eliminate the first character in several lines, but leave the
remaining characters. For instance, I use Excel as a "log book" and I have a
column that contains chronological numbers that, currently all begin with the
letter "S". (Example S7145A, S7145B, S7146A, etc.) I want to eliminate the
"S", but leave the remaining four digit number, with ending letter intact.
Considering my log bog is nearly 13500 lines long, I want to find a quick way
to do this. I am thinking of using Find and Replace, somehow, but cannot
figure out how to do, without completely clearing the cell. I am using Excel
2007.