Molecular bioperson

Default How to permanently eliminate shadow as default for chart lines?

I find the shadow that appears in my line charts distracting, confusing, and
graphically messy. It also is not welcome in publications. I have to
individually eliminate it from every line, which is annoying. Is there a way
to make a default chart option so that I will no longer get this shadow?
John Mansfield

Yes, you can save your chart as a user-defined chart. To do so, create the
chart without shadows and fomatted as per your specifications. Once the
chart looks like you want it to, click on the outside border of the chart
once (make the chart active). Go to the Standard Toolbar and choose Chart -
Chart Type. In the Chart Type dialog box, go to the Custom Types tab. At
the bottom left side of the box, there is an option that says "Select From"
and it gives you two choices - either User-defined or Built-in. Choose the
option that says User-defined. Hit the Add button. In the Add Custom Chart
Type dialog box, enter a name and description for your chart. Hit the OK
button and Excel will save your chart. It will be available to you just like
any of the other standard charts.

You also have the option to set your new chart as the default chart. To do
so, again in the Chart Type dialog box - Custom Types tab, hit the "Set as
default type" button.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield