Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How do I eliminate grid lines in an EXCEL Surface chart?

How do I eliminate grid lines in an EXCEL Surface chart? I want to create a
contour map but the heavy black close space grid lines make for a very poor
presentation.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You have to format each colored band individually. Select the legend, then
double click on a colored square legend key. On the Patterns tab, choose
none for border, and if desired change the color to something more
appropriate.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"linkbudgetguy" wrote in message
How do I eliminate grid lines in an EXCEL Surface chart? I want to create
contour map but the heavy black close space grid lines make for a very
poor
presentation.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I mean the black wire frame grid lines.

I want to create a chart with just the areas. I rotate the chart 90 degrees
so it looks like a contour map. But the wire frame/grid lines are too
prominent , too close together, too heavy.