-   -   How do I eliminate grid lines in an EXCEL Surface chart? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/123499-how-do-i-eliminate-grid-lines-excel-surface-chart.html)

linkbudgetguy

How do I eliminate grid lines in an EXCEL Surface chart?

How do I eliminate grid lines in an EXCEL Surface chart? I want to create a
contour map but the heavy black close space grid lines make for a very poor
presentation.

Jon Peltier

How do I eliminate grid lines in an EXCEL Surface chart?

You have to format each colored band individually. Select the legend, then
double click on a colored square legend key. On the Patterns tab, choose
none for border, and if desired change the color to something more
appropriate.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"linkbudgetguy" wrote in message
How do I eliminate grid lines in an EXCEL Surface chart? I want to create
contour map but the heavy black close space grid lines make for a very
poor
presentation.

linkbudgetguy

How do I eliminate grid lines in an EXCEL Surface chart?

I mean the black wire frame grid lines.

I want to create a chart with just the areas. I rotate the chart 90 degrees
so it looks like a contour map. But the wire frame/grid lines are too
prominent , too close together, too heavy.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

You have to format each colored band individually. Select the legend, then
double click on a colored square legend key. On the Patterns tab, choose
none for border, and if desired change the color to something more
appropriate.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"linkbudgetguy" wrote in message
How do I eliminate grid lines in an EXCEL Surface chart? I want to create
contour map but the heavy black close space grid lines make for a very
poor
presentation.

Andy Pope

How do I eliminate grid lines in an EXCEL Surface chart?

Hi,

Here's a step be step explanation of Jon's suggestion.

Cheers
Andy

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

You have to format each colored band individually. Select the legend, then
double click on a colored square legend key. On the Patterns tab, choose
none for border, and if desired change the color to something more
appropriate.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"linkbudgetguy" wrote in message

How do I eliminate grid lines in an EXCEL Surface chart? I want to create
contour map but the heavy black close space grid lines make for a very
poor
presentation.

linkbudgetguy

How do I eliminate grid lines in an EXCEL Surface chart?

I went to your WEB site and found this also. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!