Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Insert ThisWorkBook.FullName as Link in Email

I can send Email with Excel, Send the current file or just some of the
sheets, but I can not seem to figure out how to add the FullName as a
link in an email. Then the recipient of the email could just click on
the link and open the file. This will save space on file sizes.

Thanks for any help,
Jay
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not exactly what u r looking for, but u can put link to empty word or excel
file (which then has pretty small size) and this one send as attachment
instead the original excel file. The whole path and file name nicely
displayed together u may find in properties dialogue (menu options in Excel
2003 or via accessing office icon - upper left icon in Excel 2007, then
choose icon make ready fo distribution (I do not know precise English name,
but it is in there) and then properties. Hope you know how to create
hiperlink.

"jlclyde" wrote:

I can send Email with Excel, Send the current file or just some of the
sheets, but I can not seem to figure out how to add the FullName as a
link in an email. Then the recipient of the email could just click on
the link and open the file. This will save space on file sizes.

Thanks for any help,
Jay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

customise your toolbars by adding the address button from the WEB toolbar
(right click on your toolbars, then either add the whole toolbar or go to
commands, find WEB and get the address button). with this, each file will
display an address. copy this address and go to your mail software, click on
the Insert menu and hopefully find a hyperlink or hypertext option then paste
it in.

no need to attach any other documents, just the link.

"jlclyde" wrote:

I can send Email with Excel, Send the current file or just some of the
sheets, but I can not seem to figure out how to add the FullName as a
link in an email. Then the recipient of the email could just click on
the link and open the file. This will save space on file sizes.

Thanks for any help,
Jay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

In Thunderbird I culd not find the way how to paste such hyperlink directly
to e-mail, that is why I recommended to create an empty file. But may be I
just do not know how to put such link in Thunderbird (it works o.k. with
regular ulr adresses). MS Outlook, MS Mail or Outlook Express may recognize
excel link though, I am not sure.