Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Link to email address--not wanted

I maintain a directory of homeowner association members in Excel. One of the
columns is the e-mail address of each member. Formerly the file was in Excel
97. Moved it to a computer running Excel 2002. Now the new e-mail address
entries are in executable form (excuse ignornace of Internet
terms--hyperlink?), i.e. when I click on the cell, the program attempts to
send an e-mail to that address. This is not what I want. I've tried
formatting the cell differently, to no avail. How do I turn off this
feature, so that the addresses go in as ordinary text?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Hi Frank,

For an individual cell, you could use Insert|Hyperlink|Remove Link. Gets a
bit tedious with lots of cells, though.

For any selected cells, you could use a macro like:

Sub KillHyperlinks()
Dim oRange As Range
Dim oCell As Range
If Selection.Columns.Count * Selection.Rows.Count = 1 Then
Set oRange = ActiveCell
Else
Set oRange = Selection.SpecialCells(xlConstants)
End If
For Each oCell In oRange
oCell.Hyperlinks.Delete
Next oCell
End Sub

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Frank Shelledy" wrote in message
. ..
I maintain a directory of homeowner association members in Excel. One of

the
columns is the e-mail address of each member. Formerly the file was in

Excel
97. Moved it to a computer running Excel 2002. Now the new e-mail address
entries are in executable form (excuse ignornace of Internet
terms--hyperlink?), i.e. when I click on the cell, the program attempts to
send an e-mail to that address. This is not what I want. I've tried
formatting the cell differently, to no avail. How do I turn off this
feature, so that the addresses go in as ordinary text?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Or a bit simpler and a lot faster.
Sub DelHyperlinks()
Selection.Hyperlinks.Delete
End Subsee http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm- ---HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel My Excel Pages:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htmSearch Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "macropod"
wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Hi Frank

To turn this feature off, go ToolsAutocorrect OptionsAutoformat As
You Type and uncheck "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks".

You'll need to use the macro procedure to remove existing hyperlinks
though - the above will only stop Excel from introducing new
hyperlinks.

Hope this helps!

Richard

Frank Shelledy wrote:
I maintain a directory of homeowner association members in Excel. One of the
columns is the e-mail address of each member. Formerly the file was in Excel
97. Moved it to a computer running Excel 2002. Now the new e-mail address
entries are in executable form (excuse ignornace of Internet
terms--hyperlink?), i.e. when I click on the cell, the program attempts to
send an e-mail to that address. This is not what I want. I've tried
formatting the cell differently, to no avail. How do I turn off this
feature, so that the addresses go in as ordinary text?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
No Name

Default Yunnan Cuisine ;Beijing Nightlife ;Air Confirmation and Ticket Validity

Yunnan Cuisine

Tucked away in southwest China, Yunna borders Burma, Laos and Vietnam. The cuisine of the province may not be very well known, but the area does produce some very famous raw materials.

Flavorsome Yunnan ham, salted and air-dried, is much loved throughout China and often used to flavor soups. Pu'er tea, dark and earthy, is highly regarded and valued; often sold molded into flat cakes, aged teas command high prices. The area is also famous for a huge range of wild mushrooms. Some of their names are wonderfully evocative and exotic -- sheep's stomach, monkey head, chicken fungus.

Try the fresh goat's milk cheese that is served fried. It is mild and bears some resemblance to mozzarella.

The most popular Yunnanese dish goes by the quaint name of 'crossing the bridge noodles'. The name has its origins in a popular tale. It is said that a scholar retired to an island pavilion in the middle of a lake and his wife had to devise a way to keep hot the meals she took him. A big bowl of fine rice noodles in broth is kept hot by a thick layer of chicken fat. The liquid is so hot that when you slide thin slices of meat, fish, bean curd and vegetables into the bowl, they are instantly cooked.

Air Confirmation and Ticket Validity
Confirmation: If you have reserved a seat to continue your flight in China, or for a return journey on an international or regional flight, you should reconfirm its reservation at least 72 hours before departure if you'll stop over at the boarding place for longer than 72 hours. Or else the seat shall be automatically cancelled. No confirmation is necessary if you stop over at the place for your continued flight or return flight for less than 72 hours.Ticket Validity: The validity period of normal fare tickets, whether for single, return or circular trips, is one year. The validity periods of special fare tickets and discount normal fare tickets are calculated on the basis of related fares in accordance with relevant stipulations.
http://mytravel-log.blogspot.com/
http://www.china-tour.cn/China_Trave...t_validity.htm