Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
RichardSchollar RichardSchollar is offline

Default Link to email address--not wanted

Hi Frank

To turn this feature off, go ToolsAutocorrect OptionsAutoformat As
You Type and uncheck "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks".

You'll need to use the macro procedure to remove existing hyperlinks
though - the above will only stop Excel from introducing new
hyperlinks.

Hope this helps!

Richard

Frank Shelledy wrote:
I maintain a directory of homeowner association members in Excel. One of the
columns is the e-mail address of each member. Formerly the file was in Excel
97. Moved it to a computer running Excel 2002. Now the new e-mail address
entries are in executable form (excuse ignornace of Internet
terms--hyperlink?), i.e. when I click on the cell, the program attempts to
send an e-mail to that address. This is not what I want. I've tried
formatting the cell differently, to no avail. How do I turn off this
feature, so that the addresses go in as ordinary text?