Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
David McRitchie David McRitchie is offline

Default Link to email address--not wanted

Or a bit simpler and a lot faster.
Sub DelHyperlinks()
Selection.Hyperlinks.Delete
End Subsee http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm- ---HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel My Excel Pages:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htmSearch Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "macropod"
wrote in message ...
Hi Frank,

For an individual cell, you could use Insert|Hyperlink|Remove Link. Gets a
bit tedious with lots of cells, though.

For any selected cells, you could use a macro like:

Sub KillHyperlinks()
Dim oRange As Range
Dim oCell As Range
If Selection.Columns.Count * Selection.Rows.Count = 1 Then
Set oRange = ActiveCell
Else
Set oRange = Selection.SpecialCells(xlConstants)
End If
For Each oCell In oRange
oCell.Hyperlinks.Delete
Next oCell
End Sub

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Frank Shelledy" wrote in message
. ..
I maintain a directory of homeowner association members in Excel. One of

the
columns is the e-mail address of each member. Formerly the file was in

Excel
97. Moved it to a computer running Excel 2002. Now the new e-mail address
entries are in executable form (excuse ignornace of Internet
terms--hyperlink?), i.e. when I click on the cell, the program attempts to
send an e-mail to that address. This is not what I want. I've tried
formatting the cell differently, to no avail. How do I turn off this
feature, so that the addresses go in as ordinary text?