Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Notice in Excel of a reached set point setting.

Is this task possible to perform in Excel 2003?

I would like to have a quanity of material set point (example. 50) where I
can deduct from this number daily for items used. When the deducted number
reaches a set point of a lower number (example. 25) in the cell, Excel will
notify me by either a flashing cell, color flash/change or astrick flash or
some type of notification.

My plans are to have a Description of the material starting in Column "B",
Cost of item in Column "C", On hand quanity in Column "D", Additional
information in Column in Column "E" and the daily deduction entered in Column
"A". When the line item in Column "A" cell would reach a selected number,
there would be a notification to me of time to reorder the item.

Thank you for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel does not support flashing text, however, you can have the cell change
color by using conditional formatting on the Format menu.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Rick" wrote:

Is this task possible to perform in Excel 2003?

I would like to have a quanity of material set point (example. 50) where I
can deduct from this number daily for items used. When the deducted number
reaches a set point of a lower number (example. 25) in the cell, Excel will
notify me by either a flashing cell, color flash/change or astrick flash or
some type of notification.

My plans are to have a Description of the material starting in Column "B",
Cost of item in Column "C", On hand quanity in Column "D", Additional
information in Column in Column "E" and the daily deduction entered in Column
"A". When the line item in Column "A" cell would reach a selected number,
there would be a notification to me of time to reorder the item.

Thank you for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello Shane,

I see the conditional formating tab in Excel but I am not sure how to set up
the formula correctly. Looks like for my planned use it may be something like
this:
(Condition 1), Cell value is, less than or equal to A1:=A1-D1 Not sure
????
(Where the formula is A1=25-50)

I need the predetermined set value of 25 to turn "red" when a quanity is
entered each day for the material item being used.

Can you help me by providing the formula which I would need to use?

Thanks,
Rick

"Rick" wrote:

Is this task possible to perform in Excel 2003?

I would like to have a quanity of material set point (example. 50) where I
can deduct from this number daily for items used. When the deducted number
reaches a set point of a lower number (example. 25) in the cell, Excel will
notify me by either a flashing cell, color flash/change or astrick flash or
some type of notification.

My plans are to have a Description of the material starting in Column "B",
Cost of item in Column "C", On hand quanity in Column "D", Additional
information in Column in Column "E" and the daily deduction entered in Column
"A". When the line item in Column "A" cell would reach a selected number,
there would be a notification to me of time to reorder the item.

Thank you for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

I need the predetermined set value of 25 to turn "red" when a quantity is
entered each day for the material item being used.

Try these steps
Select say, A2:A10 (A2 active),
then apply CF using Formula Is:
=AND($D2<"",$D2-$A2<=25)
Format to taste ok out
--
Max
Singapore

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Please follow following steps:-
1.Click on cell A
2.Click FormatConditional Formatting from the toolbar
3.In the dialog box select Cell Value Is from the left combo box
4.Select less than from middle combo box
5.Click on the text box to the right
6. Now give the minimum value
7.Then select color by clicking on format button.
8. Click ok
You are done€¦€¦€¦

Chris
------
Convert your Excel spreadsheet into online calculator.
http://www.spreadsheetconverter.com

--
Chris
------