Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Notice in Excel of a reached set point setting.

Excel does not support flashing text, however, you can have the cell change
color by using conditional formatting on the Format menu.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Rick" wrote:

Is this task possible to perform in Excel 2003?

I would like to have a quanity of material set point (example. 50) where I
can deduct from this number daily for items used. When the deducted number
reaches a set point of a lower number (example. 25) in the cell, Excel will
notify me by either a flashing cell, color flash/change or astrick flash or
some type of notification.

My plans are to have a Description of the material starting in Column "B",
Cost of item in Column "C", On hand quanity in Column "D", Additional
information in Column in Column "E" and the daily deduction entered in Column
"A". When the line item in Column "A" cell would reach a selected number,
there would be a notification to me of time to reorder the item.

Thank you for your help.