Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
EJF

Default setting defaults for data point size, color, shadow, etc.

I make a lot of Excel XY (Scatter) charts. Every time, the charts get
created with the same set of colors, sizes, and shadowing of the
markers (the dots in the plot), and it happens that I don't like these
colors, sizes, and shadowings. So each time I make a plot, I go through
and change these things to settings that I like. Is there a way for me
to reset the default settings so that these charts are automatically
made with the settings that I like?

Thanks.

--
EJF
EJF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32065

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme

Make chart as needed and select it (click on it)
Use command Chart | Chart Type
Select Custom tab and then User-Defined
Click Add ... the rest is self-evident
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"EJF" wrote in message

I make a lot of Excel XY (Scatter) charts. Every time, the charts get
created with the same set of colors, sizes, and shadowing of the
markers (the dots in the plot), and it happens that I don't like these
colors, sizes, and shadowings. So each time I make a plot, I go through
and change these things to settings that I like. Is there a way for me
to reset the default settings so that these charts are automatically
made with the settings that I like?

Thanks.

--
EJF
EJF's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=518159

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
EJF

Thank you so much. You've just saved me a ton of time!

Best wishes,

Eric

--
EJF