Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I delete multiple pictures at one time?

I copy and paste weather information from a web site into an Excel
spreadsheet and manipulate the daily temperatures in another part of the
spreadsheet. The small pictures ( sun, rain, cloudy, etc. ) come along with
the rest of the data. If they are not purged periodically, the size of the
spreadsheet gets very large.

In Excel 2003 I was able to click on an arrow in the lower left of the
screen ( don't know what it was called ) and then delete multiple pictures
all at once by highlighting the area containing the pictures and clicking on
DELETE. Data in the spreadsheet was not affected.

I can't find an way to do this in Excel 2007. The help menu does not
address this issue. How do I delete all of the pictures at once? I don't
have time to click on each one and delete individually.
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I delete multiple pictures at one time?

In Excel 2007, you can use the "Selection Pane" to select and delete multiple pictures at once. Here's how:
  1. Click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon.
  2. Click on the "Find & Select" button in the "Editing" group.
  3. Select "Selection Pane" from the dropdown menu.
  4. The "Selection Pane" will appear on the right side of the screen.
  5. In the "Selection Pane", you will see a list of all the objects in your spreadsheet, including pictures.
  6. To select multiple pictures, hold down the "Ctrl" key on your keyboard and click on each picture you want to delete.
  7. Once you have selected all the pictures you want to delete, press the "Delete" key on your keyboard.
  8. The selected pictures will be deleted from your spreadsheet.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am not sure what you clicked in Excel 2003...

Try this in Excel 2007....
Press F5, Choose Special and click on Object, Press OK
Now press Delete key...
This should do what you want

You can record this as a macro and assign it to a (new) toobar button

"swmcphrsn" wrote:

I copy and paste weather information from a web site into an Excel
spreadsheet and manipulate the daily temperatures in another part of the
spreadsheet. The small pictures ( sun, rain, cloudy, etc. ) come along with
the rest of the data. If they are not purged periodically, the size of the
spreadsheet gets very large.

In Excel 2003 I was able to click on an arrow in the lower left of the
screen ( don't know what it was called ) and then delete multiple pictures
all at once by highlighting the area containing the pictures and clicking on
DELETE. Data in the spreadsheet was not affected.

I can't find an way to do this in Excel 2007. The help menu does not
address this issue. How do I delete all of the pictures at once? I don't
have time to click on each one and delete individually.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

CTRL+G
click "Special"
Select "objects" (its on on the bottom left)
This should select the pictures -then delete