Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
swmcphrsn swmcphrsn is offline

Default How do I delete multiple pictures at one time?

I copy and paste weather information from a web site into an Excel
spreadsheet and manipulate the daily temperatures in another part of the
spreadsheet. The small pictures ( sun, rain, cloudy, etc. ) come along with
the rest of the data. If they are not purged periodically, the size of the
spreadsheet gets very large.

In Excel 2003 I was able to click on an arrow in the lower left of the
screen ( don't know what it was called ) and then delete multiple pictures
all at once by highlighting the area containing the pictures and clicking on
DELETE. Data in the spreadsheet was not affected.

I can't find an way to do this in Excel 2007. The help menu does not
address this issue. How do I delete all of the pictures at once? I don't
have time to click on each one and delete individually.