Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
gisieber

Default In Office 2000, How do I delete multiple blank rows at one time?

I have a worksheet that has unwanted blank rows that came with the export
information. I am trying to delete these rows at one time. I have 1810 lines
to go through and don't want to waste time going through deleting rows. Is
there an easy function to do this?

Thanks,
Gina
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey

Assuming you want to maintain the order of the data:

1) Insert a new column A and insert row numbers in this new column (either
use Edit-Fill-Series or use formulas. If you use formulas, though, convert
them to values before the next step)

2) Sort on any of the data columns to group all the blank rows at the top or
the bottom
3) Delete the blank rows
4) Sort on col A to restore your data's order
5) delete col A

"gisieber" wrote:

I have a worksheet that has unwanted blank rows that came with the export
information. I am trying to delete these rows at one time. I have 1810 lines
to go through and don't want to waste time going through deleting rows. Is
there an easy function to do this?

Thanks,
Gina

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Edwin

click on the first row you want deleted (lets say its row 1). scroll
to row 1810. hold shift key. click on the number of the row (1810).
Got to Edit. Delete.