Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula to add 12 months to an existing date field

I am a novice Excel user. In field A1 I have the date 12/1/08. I would like
to know a formula that automatically would add 12 months to this date i.e.
12/1/09 in field A2.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check your first post

"Steve 084" wrote:

I am a novice Excel user. In field A1 I have the date 12/1/08. I would like
to know a formula that automatically would add 12 months to this date i.e.
12/1/09 in field A2.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way:

=DATE(YEAR(A1)+1,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1))

Note that if A1 = 2/29/08, the formula will return 3/1/09.

In article ,
Steve 084 wrote:

I am a novice Excel user. In field A1 I have the date 12/1/08. I would like
to know a formula that automatically would add 12 months to this date i.e.
12/1/09 in field A2.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=date(year(a1)+1,month(a1),day(a1))

If the date is February 29, then you'll get March 1, though.

--

Dave Peterson