Carly

Default Formula: Date plus 3 months

Hiya, I have a date in cell A1 and I want to know a formula which will
calculate this date minus 3 months, in cell A2.

I've tried a simple "=A1-3month" but this doesn't work.

Any ideas?
--
Carly
Leo Heuser

Hi Carly

One way:

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)-3,DAY(A1))

--
Best Regards
Leo Heuser

Followup to newsgroup only please.

"Carly" skrev i en meddelelse
Hiya, I have a date in cell A1 and I want to know a formula which will
calculate this date minus 3 months, in cell A2.

I've tried a simple "=A1-3month" but this doesn't work.

Any ideas?
--
Carly

username

=A1-90

as in 90 (or whoever many) days?

--
username
username's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1433

Carly

Thanks Duke. That one would be perfect, but I don't have the Analysis Toolpak
:(

Any ideas of a work around?
--
Carly

"Carly" wrote:

Hiya, I have a date in cell A1 and I want to know a formula which will
calculate this date minus 3 months, in cell A2.

I've tried a simple "=A1-3month" but this doesn't work.

Any ideas?
--
Carly

Carly

Thats done the trick; many thanks Leo!
--
Carly

"Leo Heuser" wrote:

Hi Carly

One way:

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)-3,DAY(A1))

--

"Carly" skrev i en meddelelse
Hiya, I have a date in cell A1 and I want to know a formula which will
calculate this date minus 3 months, in cell A2.

I've tried a simple "=A1-3month" but this doesn't work.

Any ideas?
--
Carly

Duke Carey

Carly -

The Analysis Toolpak is standard with Excel. Go to ToolsAdd-ins and check
it to isntall it. It gives you access to quite a variety of powerful
functions & is well woorth while.

"Carly" wrote:

Hiya, I have a date in cell A1 and I want to know a formula which will
calculate this date minus 3 months, in cell A2.

I've tried a simple "=A1-3month" but this doesn't work.

Any ideas?
--
Carly

Leo Heuser

You're welcome, Carly, and thanks for the feedback :-)

LeoH

"Carly" skrev i en meddelelse
Thats done the trick; many thanks Leo!
--
Carly

PC

Date functions in XL are a bit problematic.

With May 31, 2005 in A1 and with

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)-3,DAY(A1))

in B1 the return date is March 3, 2005

I don't think that's what the OP really wants.

Using the edate from the analysis toolpack as someone else suggested may be
better.

"Leo Heuser" wrote in message
Hi Carly

One way: