Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I want to add 6 months to a certain date in a formula (Excel)

I need to calculate 6 months (for example) starting from a certain date (not
TODAY)...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One way.
With starting date in A1, try this:

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+6,DAY(A1))
--

HTH,

RD

"Joana" wrote in message
I need to calculate 6 months (for example) starting from a certain date (not
TODAY)...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=MIN(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+{7,6},DAY(A1)*{0,1}))

this caters for 31st March not returning 1st October but 30th September.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Joana" wrote in message
I need to calculate 6 months (for example) starting from a certain date

(not
TODAY)...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Now ... why didn't I think of that?<g

RD
-------------------
-------------------

"Joana" wrote in message
I need to calculate 6 months (for example) starting from a certain date

(not
TODAY)...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 11:27:08 +0100, "Bob Phillips"
wrote:

=MIN(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+{7,6},DAY(A1)*{0,1}) )

Verry nice. Finally, a concise substitute for the EDATE ATP function.
--ron