Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jae Jae is offline

Default link to another worksheet in the same work

Can I create a hyperlink in one sheet so that when I click on it, it brings
me to a different worksheet in the same work book? I've got a sheet with a
list of names and then a tab that corresponds to each name. I want to be
ablet o click on a name on the first tab and have it bring me to that
person's individual tab. Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One more step for a beginner: choose Insert/Hyperlink (keyboard shortcut is
Ctrl+K), then in the window that appears, on the left under "Link to" click
"Place in This Document." Then you will see your worksheet tab names; choose
the one you want to link to.
Elle

"jae" wrote:

Can I create a hyperlink in one sheet so that when I click on it, it brings
me to a different worksheet in the same work book? I've got a sheet with a
list of names and then a tab that corresponds to each name. I want to be
ablet o click on a name on the first tab and have it bring me to that
person's individual tab. Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default link to another worksheet in the same work - ahain

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 08:43:02 -0800, Elle
wrote:

One more step for a beginner: choose Insert/Hyperlink (keyboard shortcut is
Ctrl+K), then in the window that appears, on the left under "Link to" click
"Place in This Document." Then you will see your worksheet tab names; choose
the one you want to link to.
Elle

This works fine, however, as I have 20 odd sheets in my workbook,
I need to return to the original sheet or go to another sheet from the
sheet I have just selected & so on back & forth
Probable something like a floating toolbar that moves from page to
page - how do I do that please?
--
Martin
©¿©¬

"jae" wrote:

Can I create a hyperlink in one sheet so that when I click on it, it brings
me to a different worksheet in the same work book? I've got a sheet with a
list of names and then a tab that corresponds to each name. I want to be
ablet o click on a name on the first tab and have it bring me to that
person's individual tab. Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can build a Navigation Toolbar as per Dave's code on Debra Dalgleish's
site. Sorts as well as navigates.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlToolbar01.html

Or see this google search thread for the BrowseSheets macro from Bob
Phillips.

http://tinyurl.com/yoa3dw

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 16:11:01 +0000, Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net wrote:

This works fine, however, as I have 20 odd sheets in my workbook,
I need to return to the original sheet or go to another sheet from the
sheet I have just selected & so on back & forth
Probable something like a floating toolbar that moves from page to
page - how do I do that please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

If you don't want code, then you can get fairly close by right-clicking the
Tab Scrollers and choosing the sheet you want from the pop-up list.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire