Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default copy 2007 created macro to run in 2003

I have a macro that I created in 2007 that I would like to make available for
my users of 2003. I have the icon on the quickaccess toolbar. It is only one
macro that aligns the columns, sorts based on column A (customer #), applies
5 conditional formats that color entire row based on contents of column K
(status of customer order), then subtotals column L (order total) by column A
(Customer #). One click and viola! Is it possible , if so how, to copy this
macro to my users of 2003? Or do I have to create it in 2003 then copy it?
Where can I find the macro to make available to them?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
i don't have 2007 so i can't be much help with the copy part but i did
notice one thing in your macro.....
"applies 5 conditional formats".....
xl03 only have 3 conditional formats so your macro will probably crash and
burn at that point.
as to the rest, i know macros are on the developers tab and has to be
activated through options. if you are working with macro already, i assume
you have it activated.
in xl03, you could right click you project in the project window of the vb
editor and down load the macro as a .bas file to any disk. not sure if they
change that. you could then upload the .bas file into any other vb editor.

sorry to post with such sketchy info but i thought i would point at the
conditional format thing.
one thing i have always advised. develope your project in the version of
excel that it will be used in to avoid upgrade glitches like the one you are
about to hit. most software developers try to may their software backwards
compatible but few that i know of know how to make software forward
compatible.

regards
FSt1

"amaries" wrote:

I have a macro that I created in 2007 that I would like to make available for
my users of 2003. I have the icon on the quickaccess toolbar. It is only one
macro that aligns the columns, sorts based on column A (customer #), applies
5 conditional formats that color entire row based on contents of column K
(status of customer order), then subtotals column L (order total) by column A
(Customer #). One click and viola! Is it possible , if so how, to copy this
macro to my users of 2003? Or do I have to create it in 2003 then copy it?
Where can I find the macro to make available to them?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Proper scolding, duely noted (develop correct environment), just sort of
started down this path not decided yet best solution yet. Yes, I hit as you
pointed out it blew at that point as there are only 3 conditions in older
version when need 5 conditions. I thought one could just add the code in
manually and that would work. Not! I thought also some how there was maybe a
way to put in an 'or' and consolidate the code.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, sending the code. Not much experience on the vba side, thought maybe
a way to just add the extra conditions I need direct in the code. Didn't
work, burps on the fourth condition. Is there a way to program for an 'or'?
I have worked more in sql and crystal reports, not enough in vba (took class
in 99, time for refresher). So, I recreated the macro for the sort, delete
top row, align columns apply 3 conditions and subtotal. That works but
unfortunately I know this 'condition' (status of order) will grow. I have a
potential of 7 or 8 possible conditions. Three of them can all have the same
format applied. Appreciate your help.