Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Remove hidden symbols in cells on excel?

We recieved large spreadsheet made up of part numbers, descriptions and
prices from our vendor. The cells have a hidden character and a space before
the cell contents. This must be removed to allow loading into our inventory
program. Is there a way to do this without clicking each sell and
backspacing it out?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

try this

=TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,CHAR(160),CHAR(32)))