Bill Z1P

Default How can I remove hidden empty text cells from Excel?

I have spreadsheets which contain empty text boxes that must have been
created by Excel itself. I can not display the boxes because they are empty
and, therefore, can not see them to then delete them. I come acroos them by
chance as I move the cursor. The problem I face is that the spreadsheets are
duplicated frequently as masters and the hidden text boxes also duplicate and
are building up significantly. Does anybody else have this problem and a cure
?

Help please.
Gary''s Student

If by text boxes you mean empty comments, then select the entire worksheet
and pull-down:

Edit Clear Comments
--
Gary''s Student

"Bill Z1P" wrote:

I have spreadsheets which contain empty text boxes that must have been
created by Excel itself. I can not display the boxes because they are empty
and, therefore, can not see them to then delete them. I come acroos them by
chance as I move the cursor. The problem I face is that the spreadsheets are
duplicated frequently as masters and the hidden text boxes also duplicate and
are building up significantly. Does anybody else have this problem and a cure
?

Help please.

Cutter

Or, if you actually do mean Text Boxes, do this:

Click on Edit Go to Special

Then click on Objects and then OK

You now have all objects on the sheet highlighted. To move between
them use the Tab key. Use the Delete key when you've got one
highlighted that you don't want.

--
Cutter
Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9848