Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tg tg is offline

Default will Vlookup work for this...

Hello,

I am trying to utilize Vlookup to search for an item using two values in
order to find the necessary third value at a specified column. One of the
values for the look up is a number while the other one is a letter (or
text/word) I want to be able to look up these two values in order to find the
third as below:
Spreadsheet 1
Column A: Column B: spreadsheet #2---- column A
B C
Green 34
Green 34 V1

Green 35 V2

Green 33 V3
so buy just using the first two values of spreadsheet 1 i can get the
value needed in spreadsheet 2 which is in column C.

I hope this makes sence.
Thank you in advance,
TG
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try something like this array formula** :

=INDEX(Sheet2!C1:C10,MATCH(1,(Sheet2!A1:A10=A1)*(S heet2!B1:B10=B1),0))

CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP