Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tmurcer

Default VLookup won't work

I am trying to run a VLOOKUP, but when I press enter the formula stays
on the screen. No typical errors (i.e. #N/A), it just stays locked.
Any suggestions?

Note: the sheet that I am referencing for the lookup came from a vendor
with somewhat confidential info, and won't allow any changes (presume
locked) directly to it.

Thanks,

tmurcer
tmurcer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33806
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=551013

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul Lautman

tmurcer wrote:
I am trying to run a VLOOKUP, but when I press enter the formula stays
on the screen. No typical errors (i.e. #N/A), it just stays locked.
Any suggestions?

Note: the sheet that I am referencing for the lookup came from a
vendor with somewhat confidential info, and won't allow any changes
(presume locked) directly to it.

Thanks,

Either there is an error in the formula or the cell is formatted as text

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Sounds like the cell was pre-formatted as Text.

Format to General then hit F2 + ENTER

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP