Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Columns only go to IV in Excel 2007

For some reason I only have columns to IV in the Excel 2007. This is the
reason I switched to this program since I need more columns. Is there a
setting I need to adjust to get past this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You must be working on a XLS file (in compatibility mode). Either save it as
XLSX format (default format for 2007) or open a new workbook...

You will see columns upto XFD.

"melod" wrote:

For some reason I only have columns to IV in the Excel 2007. This is the
reason I switched to this program since I need more columns. Is there a
setting I need to adjust to get past this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You probably opende an wxisting file from an older version. Then it is in
compatibility mode.
Save the file as Either Excel Workbook or macro enabled workbook, close and
re-open.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"melod" wrote in message
For some reason I only have columns to IV in the Excel 2007. This is the
reason I switched to this program since I need more columns. Is there a
setting I need to adjust to get past this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi melod

If you change your default Save format to one of the 2007 formats every
new workbook will have more rows/columns

Office ButtonExcel options....Save

Read your other reply's if you open a 97-2003 Excel workbook

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm