Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default more than 255 columns in excel 2007

I understand that in excel 2007 I can have more than 255 columns(256). I
can't figure out how to increase my column count. I can't find any reference
in the help.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks, John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I understand that in excel 2007 I can have more than 255 columns(256). I
can't figure out how to increase my column count. I can't find any
reference
in the help.

Aren't the columns simply 'there'? Press the <End key followed by the
<RightArrow key... do you not go to Column XFD?

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi John

If you load a workbook in Excel, that was created in an earlier version,
it loads in compatibility mode and will only have the 256 columns by
65536 rows.
If you save that as a 2007 file, with a .xlsx extension, then close the
file and open it again, you will be able to access the full dimensions
of the worksheet.

Any new files created in XL2007, will have the full size.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"John Tripp" wrote in message
I understand that in excel 2007 I can have more than 255 columns(256).
can't figure out how to increase my column count. I can't find any
reference
in the help.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks, John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks! It's So Simple! Why didn't I think of that! This was our first time
running with 2007 and I had had him do a save as and that didn't seem to
work. Now, I will remember to also have the user do the close/open for the
future, since there are probably other features where we need to get the file
to the new format for the features to work.

John