Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Freezing multiple rows/columns in Excel 2007 Pro

I cannot freeze multiple rows or columns in Excel 2007 Pro version. Help
topics indicate it should be as simple as it was in 03 but when I navigate to
the silly View ribbon, the only options I have for freezing is to freeze the
top row or the first column. I tried selecting multiple rows/columns/rowns &
columns simultaneously but that does not work either.

Keystrokes from 03 don't work either.

There have multiple instances of the help menus disagreeing with actual
application functions in Word. Is there a patch coming out anytime soon. I
don't know if MSFT reads these boards, but it really is terribly frustrating
to have simple application functions such as this not work per the help
specs. Sorry, just venting.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Gary

The very first item in the dropdown is Freeze panes (if no freeze is in
operation) or Unfreeze Panes if it is.

Place your cursor wherever you wish, click Freeze Panes - exactly the
same as in XL2003.

The Freeze first row or Freeze first column are only there to allow you
to carry out the operation without first moving your cursor to cell A2
or cell B1 respectively

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"gary" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Gary

I've felt like that - many times<g.
I am sure I had to look at that feature a few times before I could see
it. Especially if you load a file created under XL2003 with Freeze Panes
set. Then all you see is the option to Unfreeze, along wit the two new
options.

--
Regards

Roger Govier